Friday, December 12, 2008

Who cares?

I used to be one of those woman like Kate from the show Jon and Kate plus 8. You know the ones who sanitize everything and everything in their house is organized to death. Labeled in a container so you knew right where to put/find it. No dishes in the sink, laundry always caught up. Something slowly happened, I'm sure it definitely has something to do with the fact that 4 kids live here. 4 kids that could care less if they just leave it where ever and oh a husband too! But more than that I think it's the slow realization that really who does care? Obviously I clean and still most of my friends would probably agree my house is extremely neat for a household of 6, but I have come to a point in my life where really I think who does cares? When I die are people going to say " Oh I'm so sorry she's gone, her house was so clean!" Yeah right, I'd like people to remember who I was, that I loved my family, took good care of them in other ways too. If I skip the dishes in the sink and laundry today are my kids going to grow up damaged? NO!
Today my excuse for skipping all those chores is just that " Who cares?" It'll be there tomorrow. I may just use it today, but I reserve the right to use it next week and you can too! I'm sticking to it, browsing on the net is much more important anyway right :)

No comments: