Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Marital bliss

Recently my cousin, who I love dearly, got engaged. I am super happy for her and for some reason overly enthusiastic about her up coming nuptials. Don't ask me why? Maybe it's because I'm a hopeful romantic, but in any case I can't wait to help with and attend all the fun wedding stuff. After talking about the usual stuff that occurs with a wedding, meaning a shower, she throws out that she doesn't think she'll have a shower!! What is she crazy? Free gifts!!! Who doesn't want that? Now granted her and her fiance' are in their 30's and they both have been living on their own for a while and both have a home (good luck with that :0), but really there is so much cool stuff you can register for anymore, not just the boring pots and pans. After speaking with her maid of honor, we concocted a plan to push her to see she needs to register because she is getting shower no matter what (tough shit), who cares what the bride wants!! HA HA. So here's a sample of the list I sent to her to help her out in her quest for marital bliss. Some are funny, some just damn practical, but I'd love to send her some more, so leave me a comment and I'll forward them on to her. Be nice! We don't want to scare her off :)Also I kept it clean for my post.
1.Dual alarm clock
2.4 slice toaster(waiting for toast is just stupid)
3.Super high thread count, Egyptian cotton sheets, you know the kind you want to spend all Sat morning , new beginning , new sheets.
4.Super fast coffee pot for when those sheets make you late
5. photo albums for all the picture taking you're going to do your first year of marital bliss :)
6. picture frames for your wedding pics, because if you don't, I guarantee you, people will buy you a ton of ugly frames!
7. a pretty vase for all those flowers he will be buying you, hahaha
8.a baby monitor , so you can signal him to bring you breakfast in bed, besides it might come in handy later!
9.serving platters because now that you are married, everyone is going to expect you to host holidays.
10. a blow up mattress because they are all going to spend the night( hey they are only an hour from Chicago!)
11. and last but not least EAR PLUGS, you are going to need them, someone is going to snore and a buck is worth it!!
Your turn , send them my way.
Also read the link to Kristen at motherhood uncensored if you want a good laugh. Prudes need not read, she can be rather forward sometimes :)

2 comments:

Rick said...

One of those thingies that help you roll up the tooth paste tube, because invariably one of them won't squeeze from the bottom and you know what a fight that can cause. May save their marriage.

Anonymous said...

Love the list! Great idea too.